Thursday 16 January 2014

Hotel pools Part 1 :Melbourne

From time to time I'm lucky enough to stay in hotels with really nice swimming pools.

OK, I admit it: I seek out hotels with great pools.

Here's a selection of some of the best, starting in Melbourne.

Crown Metropol, Melbourne

This wins, hands down "best rooftop" AND "best indoor" pool. It's light, airy, with great views. Who would have thought a rooftop city pool could be so glamorous, yet a proper, full 25 metres for some serious exercise.



Park Hyatt, Melbourne

Until I met the Crown Metropol, this one had my "best indoor hotel pool" award. I love the aesthetics, the Roman pool feel, and also that's it's a full 25 metres, so a real pool, for real exercise swimming. Open til late, and early, the perfect attending-a-meeting availability.



Melbourne Short Stay Apartments

Pretty good indoor pool here too.






When he was seven or eight, Ben thought the pool at the Saville Suites was pretty good!


No comments: