Friday 20 June 2008

Piscines Bernat Picornell, Barcelona

Visit: 20 June 2008










Location map from this website: Barcelona Yellow
The Bernat Picornell pools on Montjuic in Barcelona were opened in 1970 for the European swimming championships and modernised for the Olympic Games in 1992. We enjoyed our visit to the swimming centre, which includes a gym, outdoor and indoor pools, but didn't visit during the Friday night nude swimming session - lol!

This is a pool for "serious" swimmers, or at least those who don't mind deep water. Not suitable for pool play with young children. Depth ranges from 2.3 to 3.8 metres.

6 comments:

Harmony said...

excellent pics!!

Harmony said...

good!!

Anonymous said...

These pools look huge Sally. I'm so glad you avoided the Friday night nude swimming session as I don't think I'd care to see those photos.

Anonymous said...

I am going to Barcelona and will try and swim in this pool................do you know when it is open?

Sally said...

No, Anon, but Google is your best friend and knows all....

Marta G. (A Bilingual Baby) said...

Hi! I've just discovered your blog. I love swimming and am from Barcelona, but I've never gone to this swimming pool :)
Kylie Minogue's music video Slow was shot in Piscina Municipal de Montjuic.
Best regards from Barna!